« Home | so we really have to move on? » | Fits » | We've Got Good News!  » | I am a really bad blogger » | hectic life is good life! » | The two "elders"  » | Logan is a weee bit excited about a new puppy!  » | The Three Kids!  » | Riley and our new baby Maggie!  » | good intentions » 

Sunday, July 10, 2005 

farewells

last night was my last night working at champps- a very sweet thing and a very sour thing. i am excited to be done working there for many reasons - probably the biggest being the fact that it means i am really done with school and will be starting my career. however i am very sad at the fact that i will no longer be around the so many friends i have there. due to it being my last night there was a little going away party for me. i was very moved by the number of people who showed up and had a wonderful time. it was so fun to be able to kick it with them one more time! leland made it out for the party as well and it was so great to have him there. he has been quite a regular at champps the nights i work :-). when it was all over i shed many tears and gave many hugs- and looking back at the night that is the way it should have been. these people who i worked with for so many years became great friends, as well as teachers to me in so many ways. my ministry has forever been shaped by my conversations and experiences at that bar- it really amazes me. and also i think the emotions started to poor out because of the fact that that good-bye marks the beginning of many that are going to start happening. it makes me very sad to leave behind so much- yet i know this is god's call and i will do my best to follow her will.

cheers to new experiences and great friends for life.