« Home | Coffee and Conversation » | No Passion in the Oscars » | Timberwolves and Theology » | For Starters » | My First Post » 

Friday, January 28, 2005 

The Restoration Project

~ Grace is a lover strong enough to hold on
whenever I slip and I fall or turn and run away
I kiss and I curse the same face that would bless me
Oh but love, love will endure it ~
Tracy Howe

Tonight I attended a concert of the group The Restoration Project made up of Tracy Howe and Aaron Strumpel. I was very impressed with their music and am definitely glad I went. I was struck by the song Grace- the chorus above-. Grace is indeed the strongest lover we could ever imagine. Time and again we slip and fall, but surely enough grace restores. I think in light of the conversation held earlier on this blog (Timberwolves and Theology,) we need to remember to be grace-filled when discussing sensitive issues. It is the very absence of grace that fires the growing divide between those labeled "ultra liberal" and those labeled "ultra conservative".