« Home | Remember that you are Dust » | Thursday and Sun » | Monday Bloody Monday » | The Restoration Project » | Coffee and Conversation » | No Passion in the Oscars » | Timberwolves and Theology » | For Starters » | My First Post » 

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 

Today is THE day....

Well, the day has finally arrived where I, along with my classmates, will find out to which region of the country we are being sent. Pretty exciting stuff- and to be honest I can't wait until it is over. I think I am almost as excited to see where my colleagues end up as I am about myself. Two and a half hours from now the wait will be over. yippee!

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about Postmodernism-since three of my classes this semester are focussing on that subject. And today was thinking about what it means for someone today to be a "prophet" in a "postmodern world". For instance, I work at a bar while attending seminary and all of the people who I work with know that I am a pastor-to-be. At some level I am called to be a prophet to them as they struggle with life as we know it. Yet, what is the message that the unchurched or the spiritual-but-not-Christian long to hear? I hope this becomes a little more clear to me this year as I work through it so that I can better serve those I encounter. Any thoughts? Please respond!

Have you heard yet? Have you heard yet? Have you heard yet? Have you heard yet? Have you heard yet? Have ya?

Post a Comment