« Home | Today is THE day.... » | Remember that you are Dust » | Thursday and Sun » | Monday Bloody Monday » | The Restoration Project » | Coffee and Conversation » | No Passion in the Oscars » | Timberwolves and Theology » | For Starters » | My First Post » 

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 

And the decsion is...

The assignments came in and all the seniors took the march to the line where they were being handed out. It was a unique situation-kind of weird actually. After I got my envelope, I took it over to where my wife was and we opened it. The number was 6- region 6 which was our top choice so we are very satisified. On Saturday I will find out which Synod. So as it stands today we could be living in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky. I can't wait until Saturday :-).

While I was fairly excited, several of my friends were not. I was deeply saddened at the sight of one my my best friends opening his envelope and getting assigned to a place that was completely off of his radar. Yet, somewhere, somehow, I know God will work through that as well. The journey has just begun, and God is in control. Thank goodness.

Congrats J-man on your assignment! I know you were really hoping for Region 6. that's great.

I understand your sadness seeing your friends find themselves assigned to places they really don't want to be. Not that I've been involved with the process, since I've constantly avoided that track but I look at it like the military. It's a 3-year gig...not a lifetime. And hopefully they'll understand that the Spirit can move in amazing ways. This may be just what they need and what the church needs at this time. If they find the fit isn't right they do have the option to move elsewhere. One of my good friends was assigned to SD for his first call, and within 18 mths was looking for something elsewhere and is now very happy on the East Coast. This is just a stepping stone and I think no matter where they end up, God will work through them for the good of them and the church.

Blessings on your future narrowing of the assignment!

Post a Comment